Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits: Twins Game



Bet you can't guess by that photo how I spent this past Tuesday? Just kidding, you're all smart. I went to a baseball game! GO TWINS! The night consisted of perfect fall weather to watch some baseball. It also happened to be the last night home game of the Twin's season. What made it even more special of a night, was the company I shared the night, some mini-donuts, and good conversation with. But first, let's rewind to the start of the day.


I grabbed a free 12oz coffee at Holiday for their Tuesday promotion and hit the road with my boyfriend, Zach. Minus the glasses, my professional look was on account of spending the afternoon at a sport's career and internship fair with Zach. As a sport's management major, he wanted to see what the fair had to offer in terms of job opportunities and I went along as support and mostly because we were planning to stick around for the game after.  

After the career fair, we headed back to my car to switch out of our professional wardrobes and into some team spirit wear for the game. Also, Zach and I were hungry. He might argue that I was even a little hangry (definition: to be so hungry, you become angry). So we used my awful navigation skills and the help of Siri to locate a Chipolte tucked away near the city center in Minneapolis. 

 
We had some time before they'd let us in the gates for the game, so naturally I wanted some pictures in the giant golden glove. When we were allowed in, we walked around the field for a while. I was on the hunt for those delicious looking Bloody Mary's with the hamburger sliders in them, but ultimately decided to pass on account of not wanting to part with 18 dollars for a drink. Instead, I settled on the hotdog and diet pepsi included as a value pack with our game tickets. I bought mini-donuts to share later in the game because it was too windy and breezy for ice cream.




Here's a view from our seats. Later in the night, we found my mom and sister in their lower level section and sat by them. For the first few innings though, we sat out in the left field three levels up. The best part of these seats were the beautiful pictures I was able to snap as the sun was going down. 

 
See? How phenomenal is this view?


So, like I said - it was a great, fall night for some baseball. However, I really enjoyed the company the most. 


This guy is my best friend. He's a sports fanatic and made the night so special just by being there with me. I have so much to say about what a genuine, wonderful man he is, but I'll save that for a later post! :) 

 
Zach and I met up with my mom and little sister, Alissa, later in the game. I was incredibly grateful to nab a few seats next to them for a while and be reunited. I don't get to see either of them nearly enough these days. It was a happy moment. Even better was that at the end of the night, the Twin's WON!!!! What a Tuesday! Now, I just have to wait to see Zach again until next Wednesday for a much needed weekend getaway.


I must throw in one curve-ball to this post too (oh hello, baseball puns...). Wednesday afternoon I had the privilege to grab lunch with my college roommate and close friend, Hannah. She lives a good three hours away from me, and so when I heard she was in the cities, I jumped at the chance to get some lunch and catch up. We ate at Lucky's pub. It was my first time there, and it was delicious food. You definitely got your money's worth. I had grilled cheese with four cheeses, tomatoes, and guacamole and paired it with some sweet potato fries. I can't explain how happy even lunch sessions catching up with college friends makes me feel. I'm so excited to head back to my prairie home next weekend! I'm counting down the days! 

What was great about your Tuesday?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment