Wednesday, September 3, 2014

10 Things To Know About Me

I promised to fill you all in on a little about me before jumping into more blog posts, so what better way to speed things up then by enlightening you all on ten facts about myself? 

 

1. I'm obsessed with names. It's always the first question I ask when someone has a baby or gets a pet. I'm not sure why, but it might have something to do with fact number two. 

2. My mother wanted to name my twin sister and me Allison and Abigail, but my dad won the name war with his crazy obsession with the letter I and desire to be unique and that's how my name was born. 

3. I'm addicted to Crystal Light wild strawberry drink mix. It's got a touch of caffeine in it; and, I swear it doesn't affect me, but some will disagree because my mood turns sour if I go long periods without it.

 

4. I was the youngest one to attend weight watcher meetings the summer of my 8th grade year. Slightly embarrassing? Yes. However, I don't regret the 61 pounds I lost and the kick in the pants that led me to where I am today with my healthy lifestyle. The picture above is me pre-Watch Watchers. 


 5. I cannot wait to pick up the pieces of my post college life and settle down in a place that allows me to have my own dog. Dogs are a human's true best friend and my heart is so full for them. And yes, I've already got names for my future dog's lined up... But, for now... I'll enjoy my adopted pup child's young years - the above photo is of him and I just a few short weeks ago - His name is Cash.

6. I still have an irrational fear of thunderstorms that sends me into hyperventilation mode and running around my house in an anxious frenzy. Though, I am starting to tolerate the smaller rumbles of thunder and rainy days. 

7. I wrote my first story when I was 13 years old. It was 86 pages on Microsoft Word and utterly terrible, but I was proud. I've been a writer ever since. 


8. I love to find healthy alternatives to any recipe. I'm always cooking up concoctions in my kitchen that can shave calories off of my day. 

9. Reading has always been my strongest passion, so I'm thankful for my Kindle fire and random pockets of freedom to devour novel upon novel. 



10. My life would not be complete without fried pickles. I have tasted many, but my taste buds have never found ones that are as crispy and mouthwatering as the kind from my home's State Fair. 

 
Your turn! What's 1 thing I don't know about you?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment