Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits: A College Visit & Sisterly Love

 

Graduating college left a huge hole in my heart leaving behind my home for four years, friends that I made, and projects I completed. So, when I had the chance to visit my younger sister, Alissa, at her college, my soul jumped and bounded with joy. Even better is that she is just beginning her college experience this year. Another chance to step back into the college experience, even for only a day. I should first mention that Alissa is an aspiring blogger as well with immense talent, and you can read her blog and follow her along her life's journeys HERE!

The above picture of me was taken by Alissa's favorite study spot on her college campus, and who wouldn't love to study here? I was instantly overcome with a sense of awe and tranquility with this location. She continued to take me on a tour of her campus and I found beauty in even more places. Unfortunately, my iPhone is running on empty when it comes to storage, so pictures were limited. (All the more reason to save up for a nice DSLR camera, huh? Christmas present, anyone? Just kidding...But if money is on my wish lists this holiday season, you'll now know why!) 

How lovely is this chapel? A definite work of art! Alissa told me a less than glamorous story about the removal of the body of a woman who apparently dedicated the chapel to the campus, but it is in the process of being restored, so it has potential. At least for now, it is phenomenal to just look at. 


The campus grounds were beautiful as the seasons battle against each other and fall begins to settle in. The green of the trees shows that summer has some energy left, but I did find a perfectly orange leaf on the tar during our walk, which excited me for the upcoming warm tones of fall. 

There are old buildings on campus that intrigued my sense of wonder and interest in historical beginnings. I very much enjoyed our campus walk and can not wait until another day when I can spend time with Alissa again and perhaps explore more of her beautiful college campus. 


After our walk, I let the deprived Lissa drive my car to Chipolte with me as a passenger. She does not have her car with her and walks everywhere, so I think she enjoyed going for a small joyride in a vehicle again. I understand the feeling. One thing to know about Alissa is that she lives, eats, breathes, and craves Chipolte. It was easy to please her by agreeing on burrito bowls for our lunch. We went shopping at a few stores, and finally parted ways. I am amazed at how college has already began to shape my beautiful sister into an even more mature and wisdom filled woman. 


My Tuesday didn't stop there though, I stayed the night with my mother and we went on a mother-daughter dinner date to a very fancy steakhouse restaurant. She had a gift card to use up, and so we eagerly settled into our dinner reservations. I didn't manage to get a picture of us unfortunately. However, I was all dolled up in a new dress and my mom looked beautiful as always too. We each ordered the queen's cut of prime rib. Now for confession time... I ate it all. I know...I know... I was surprised myself. 


We also ordered pan seared mushrooms and loaded mashed potatoes. They even served fresh buttery bread for dinner. Needless to say, it wasn't a dinner that I would have every single night. It was expensive and I do not want to even estimate the calorie consumption that occurred. All that matters is that it was great, quality time with my mom! 

And now, if you'll excuse me...I have some New Girl to watch on Netflix. Am I the only one excited for October to arrive for Gilmore Girls to come to Netflix? 

How is everyone's mid-week going for them? It's hump-day at least! *cue the camel commercial* 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment