Monday, September 15, 2014

Mental Monday Challenge Week 2: Organize



It's another week...another Monday... That means it's time for another Mental Monday Challenge. If you missed the first blog post, you can read it HERE and get the printable! 

How did everyone do with the first week's challenge? Did you master looking at situations with the mind over matter philosophy? I'd love to hear if you had a minor or major accomplishment this week! Leave a comment if you want to share! If not, I completely understand. It's time to add in another step in our cleansing of our minds to achieve our healthiest mindset. 

The O in Motivate stands for Organize as the printable shows. Organization in your life is so important to help keep your goals obtainable and in reach. Today, I want to share some of how I organized my life to fit a healthier framework. 
 

In order to motivate myself, I apparently need to first chug a chai tea latte from my keurig and then procrastinate a bit...and; oh wait, that's just on motivating me to write this blog post! It's been a long Monday, that's all I can say. Anyways... I suggest buying or finding an old cork board from a store or around the house and putting it somewhere that you will see everyday. I have mine beside my bed. On this board I keep the following: 
  • Pictures of my supporters (ie. family, friends, other noteworthy people) and me 
  • Pictures of a time when I looked my healthiest and want to continue to fit that image
  • Goals - Either measurements, pounds to lose, miles to run, things to do...etc. It's important to keep goals in sight. 
  • Motivational Quotes and Images from Pinterest or Tumblr or the internet in general to reflect on when I need a small push to keep me going. 
  • A clothing item in a size smaller than I currently am or a new swimsuit, even an item that I want to buy in the future (it's great to have something to work towards)
  • Reminders or a To-Do List to keep me on track.
You can decorate your board as fancy as you would like and turn it into a weekend DIY project, or you can leave it plain and tack up some of the above suggestions. If you have no way of finding a cork board to pin up these ideas be innovative. Perhaps use your fridge and magnets or post-it notes on your bathroom mirror? You could even create a digital board on a website or your desktop too! 
 
My challenge for you this week is to create a board where you organize your goals and priorities for your own road to a healthier you. Feel free to share pictures or comments of how you succeed in this challenge this week. 

Until next time,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment