Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Read, Watch, and Listen





Hello all! So, I don't have a Tuesday Tidbits post for you because I couldn't find anything too interesting or glamorous about watching Netflix and reading off my kindle as I lie in bed on a heating pad all night. I threw out my lower back on Monday, and so I'm trying to recover in which requires a lot of advil and minimal movement. Therefore, I decided today to write a post on entertainment that I have recently read, watched, and listened to.

 Five Shows & Movies I've Recently Watched:  


1. Criminal Minds 
2. New Girl 
3. Once Upon A Time 
4. The Maze Runner 
5. Ghost Hunters 

Favorites: ALL OF THEM! The Maze Runner gets your adrenaline pumping, Once Upon A Time has such an interesting plot line, Criminal Minds provides cases that I like to get into and help solve, and Ghost Hunters is my guilty pleasure of real life haunts with evidence and perfect for fall, spooky October days!

Four Books/Series I've Recently Read: 


1. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak 
2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs 
3. The Matched, Crossed, and Reached Trilogy - Ally Condie 
4. Paper Towns - John Green 

Favorites: The Matched Trilogy I read in a matter of days, but to me it seemed almost to close to The Giver by Louis Lowry. I love dystopian young adult books though. I'd choose my favorite of these books to be Paper Towns. To be honest, I haven't even finished. However, it's been an exciting adventure so far reading it and I'm excited as soon as I finish this post to get back to the book and finish the last 20 percent!

Three Songs I've Recently Listened To:


1. Skinny Love - Bon Iver
2. Perfect Storm - Brad Paisley 
3. What We Ain't Got - Jake Owen

Favorites: ALL OF THEM! These songs each have beautiful stories. I love the melody and voice behind Bon Iver's music and the stories of the country songs make me extremely emotional too. I love country music and sometimes its nice to slow the tunes down a bit and focus on the lyrics!

Two Entertainment Events I'm Looking Forward To: 
 


1. Garth Brook's Concert on November 14th
2. Re-watching the Gilmore Girls series on Netflix

The concert is going to be AMAZING! I'm going with my boyfriend, his family, and my mom. I received pretty good seats in the lower level and just about halfway of the arena away from the stage. As for Gilmore Girls, I can't wait to snuggle under covers and start the series that I grew up watching reruns of on ABC Family over again.

One Entertainment Form I've Recently Neglected: 


1. Pinterest 

I am Pinterest deprived. I think I need to spend a few hours this afternoon pinning puppies, gift ideas, future life event ideas, recipes, and more! 
 
Please leave a comment and tell me your list of the most recent thing you've Read, Watched, and Listened to.  Like this: 1. Read 2. Watched 3. Listened. What was your favorite of the three and why? 

Back to my mental health day involving nothing but trying to heal the injured back, watching Ghost Hunters marathon, and finishing Paper Towns! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment